Friday, January 11, 2008

How bad are Oakland Raiders Fans?

October 20,2007: Bill from Nashville, TN
Hans,
I’ve heard a lot of bad things about Raiders fans.
Have you had any negative experiences with them at NFL games?

Bill,
I actually have nothing but good things to say about Oakland Raider fans. I was in San Diego this year for the Oakland Raiders vs. San Diego Chargers game. Several people from San Diego warned me that the Oakland Raider fans can be very disruptive and that lots of folks in San Diego won’t even bother going to game to avoid the headache. I had absolutely no issues. I sat and talked with a bunch of Raiders fans and even crashed a few tailgating parties in my LaDanian Tomlinson jersey. I found fans on both sides at Qualcomm Stadium to be very respectful. It’s probably those few bad apples that spoil it for the rest of the bunch. I can’t wait to go to a game at McAfee Coliseum though, hopefully next year.

No comments: