Friday, January 11, 2008

Entry/Exit at RV Lot - Ralph Wilson Stadium?

January 11, 2008: John from Detroit
Hey Hans,
Thanks so much for your quick response! I do have a couple of more question though. As I mentioned, I will be bringing my travel trailer to the game. I will be towing it there with my pickup truck. Will I be able to go in and out of the RV lot with my pickup during the weekend, once I've got my camper set up? A couple of the guys that are going want to go to the Anchor Bar and a few other places in Buffalo. We may also have to leave and get firewood.


John,
The Ralph Wilson Stadium RV parking policy states that, "Vehicles towing trailers and 5th Wheels must stay attached at all times while in the lot." However, for years we've had my family come out to the parking lot to meet up with us on Saturday night and the parking lot attendants have always allowed them to enter and exit without issue. I've also talked to plenty of 5th wheel owners that go out to dinner throughout the weekend - Getting out to the Anchor Bar, home to the Original Buffalo Chicken Wing, is a gameday must if you're in town. I would suggest trying to park near one of the designated fire lanes, they're marked with yellow diagonal lines, so you can easily enter and exit the lot without someone blocking you in. Entry and exit during the day is no issue, but you may have to watch the hours of operation, as when the lot is not staffed, they use a chain to close off the entry gate. But it's just a chain, there's ways around it. I'd talk to the parking attendant when you arrive; they're usually really good about being accommodating.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

When can rv's park at the stadium? I'm thinking of getting there around 3pm on Saturday. Will I be able to park in the rv lot that early?

Anonymous said...

There is designated RV parking located across the street from the Ralph Wilson Field House. Getting there at 3pm on Saturday is no problem. If you're parkign at "The Ralph", you can arrive as early as Friday. Attendants are staffing the RV area from 6pm to 9pm on Friday and 8am to 8pm on Saturday. So there's no issue with arriving at around 3pm.